The Young Conservation Professionals (YCP) Leadership Program accepts up to twenty participants each year. The program is based in the Province of Ontario.
Interested applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria (note that meeting the criteria does not necessarily guarantee acceptance into the program):
- at least 2 years of full-time employment in land and water conservation, the environment, or a related field following completion of a college diploma or undergraduate degree,
- a staff position in a government, non-profit, or private sector conservation or environment-related organization in the Province of Ontario,
- written approval and confirmed support of supervisor/manager,
- commitment to invest the required time (approximately 14 days over the course of the year, plus time for reading and assignments),
- payment of the registration fee ($750.00 for non-profit, $1,400.00 for private sector and government, including Conservation Authorities) at the first residential retreat in March.
To apply, submit your resume and a personal statement (up to 500 words) which includes:
- your educational experience,
- your employment history,
- your present position, including the name of the manager supporting your application,
- your career aspirations,
- and your goals for participating in the program.
Please direct all application documents and correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for 2014 will be accepted until January 31, 2014.
NOTE: application extensions into early February can be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact email@example.com prior to January 31 to discuss your application.
Applicants will be contacted via phone or email by the leadership team in February to confirm that they meet the eligibility criteria for the program.
All applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for participation in the program by the program leadership team.
Program participants will be selected based on the strength of their application and, if necessary, a brief phone interview.
Successful applicants will be confirmed via phone or email by the end of February, in advance of the first residential retreat the last week of March.