The Young Conservation Professionals (YCP) Leadership Program accepts a maximum of twenty five participants each year. The program is based in the Province of Ontario.
Interested applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria (note that meeting the criteria does not necessarily guarantee acceptance into the program):
- at least 2 years of full-time employment in land and water conservation, the environment, or a related field following completion of a college diploma or undergraduate degree,
- a staff position in a government, non-profit, or private sector organization in the Province of Ontario,
- written approval and confirmed support of supervisor/manager,
- commitment to invest the required time (approximately 14 days over the course of the year, plus time for reading and assignments)
- payment of the registration fee ($795.00 for non-profit, $1,495.00 for private sector and government, including Conservation Authorities) at the first residential retreat in March.
Application for 2019 opens: November 2018 (note: application submissions close on Thursday, February 14
Retreat 1: March 6-9 2019
Retreat 2: May 29-31 2019
Retreat 3: October 23-25 2019
Please include:your educational and employment history, your present position, including the name of the manager supporting your application, and your goals for participating in the program.
Applicants will be contacted via phone or email by the leadership team following receipt of their application to confirm that they meet the eligibility criteria for the program.
All applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for participation in the program by the program leadership team.
Program participants will be selected based on the strength of their application and successful applicants will be confirmed via phone or email on a rolling basis in advance of the first residential retreat in March.